This is a really good cornbread recipe. I use unsweetened, unflavored almond milk so it is lactose free. It is awesome as muffins but bakes really nicely in an iron skillet as well.
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 large eggs
1 cup almond milk
1/3 cup olive oil
1. Pre heat oven to 400?
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Really mix well.
3. in a separate small mixing bowl (or large measuring cup) mix the oil, egg and milk.
4. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. Do not over mix.
5. Pour the batter into prepared muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Or Pour the batter into a lightly oiled iron skillet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.